Welcome to Live Well STL! We're just getting started and we're adding new events and resources every day. So, explore the site today and visit us often to see what's new.
Please remember to check with your doctor before beginning any new physical activity. Also, events are subject to change so call ahead before attending.
Turkey Lunch Meet (2 oz) - 600 mg
White Bread (One Slice) - 150 mg
Frozen Cheese Pizza (One Slice) - 550 mg
The daily value or what SSM Health Care experts tell people to aim for is no more than a teaspoon of salt a day, (about 2,300 mg of sodium). But, in reality, most Americans are eating 3,000-7,000 mg a day. Only 20 percent of that total comes from our salt shakers. The remaining 80 percent is found hidden in foods that sometimes don’t taste salty at all.
Ways to Cut Back:
-Reduce or stop eating fast foods
-Rinse canned vegetables before eating
-Choose fresh fruits and vegetables when possible
-Read food labels and check sodium content
Read more here.
Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes is part of the American Diabetes Association’s Stop Diabetes movement. It's the signature walk to raise money to change the future of diabetes. Participants will join the movement by registering and recruiting co-workers, friends and family members to walk and raise money. The event honors all people living with diabetes. The walk will occur on October 11 at 10 a.m. Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Enjoy a 1 or 3.7 mile walk around the lake, a light breakfast, live music, a kids zone and a health and wellness fair.View More »
COME JOIN THE PARTY!!!! DJ Selkie will be mixing high-energy beats for this fun, fitness-filled Labor Day party. Class will consist of functional training, plyometrics, agility, kickboxing, and boxing, & some yoga for warm up. All levels are welcome. FREE PARTY for first 20 people to arrive....so come early!View More »